Before your Appointment:
- What to expect your first visit
- Please eat your typical meal before your appointment, it is harder to eat afterward while numb and you will salivate less!
- If you have time, please brush and floss as usual
- It's OK to preload with headache medicine or to take your previously prescribed anti-anxiety medicaiton
- Please make sure you understand your treatment plan, ask questions!
Prior to Concious Sedation & Nitrous Oxide Appointments:
Before the appointment with Nitrous Oxide inhalation sedation:
- Try not to eat for 3 hours before appointment to avoid nausea
- You are able to eat a light meal if necessary for diabetic reasons
- Avoid fatty foods
If you are taking an anti-anxiety medication, please arrange transportation