How long is the appointment?
Our schedule is designed to allow us to spend quality time with each patient. Plan on being at our office for about 2 hours for your first visit. We would like to really get to know you, as our patient. We will be gathering a lot of information from you, collecting data and images in order to give you a thorough diagnosis and therefore give you the most informed treatment options.
Our goal is to provide our patients the treatment options that are ideal for preserving and improving the oral health of our patients.
If you are unable to keep an appointment, we ask that you kindly provide us with as much notice as possible, with a minimum of two (2) business days’ notice. Our office does not accept changes in appointments after hours by voice mail, you must call during our normal business hours.
This courtesy on your part will make it possible to give your appointment to another patient who needs to see the dentist or hygienist.
What to bring:
- Your completed patient and health information
- Signed HIPPA forms and policy page
- Your photo ID or drivers liscense
- Your insurance card, if applicable
- Payment as previously discussed
- A list of questions or concerns
- AND any oral applicances you have